Friday, December 19, 2008

All we need is love?

"Love makes life very simple. If we take seriously the idea that love is the only thing that needs to be changed in any situation, life can become quite simple. Life becomes a series of opportunities to learn to love more. We need not concern ourselves with matters like wrong and right because the only thing that is important is how much love we are expressing through our actions. Only we can determine that for ourselves, and there is no need to defend ourselves if we find that little love is being expressed through our actions. That fact becomes the very thing we need to love. Life is learning to love."-----Gay Hendricks Learning To Love Yourself


I began to read this book as part of my own healing journey. My heart warmed as I read this quote. I was just thinking could it really be this simple and my heart replied yes. It was so refreshing to connect to this idea, more importantly I am excited to live it. What would my life look like if I was more loving and if my only response to any given situation was love?

What would my interactions with students be like, what would my cuing be like, what would my practice look like if everything had it's orgin from this love vibe?

There is a quote that says something like "only from the heart can you touch the sky" I am going to see if it's true. 

My love to all of you.

No comments: