Monday, July 7, 2008

The gift of change

I want to express my deepest gratitude to all of you who have been my students here in Chicago, as well as Ann Arbor. You all have been amazing to work with and have allowed my teaching to expand to new heights, and my heart to open in new and profound ways.

It is with sadness and excitement that I share the news with you that I am moving at the end of the month to San Diego, CA.

Moving to me is one of those things that always is hard, but then again change is always hard. When I first moved to Chicago just about a year ago I thought I would never be able to create what I had in Ann Arbor. I was right..but the gift of change is that it brings us what we need, not what was or what we want even. Somehow though the change always transforms us powerfully into who we need to be. Life is larger than my individualism and when I accept that and know that my greatest purpose is to serve--I cannot dictate where and how I serve.

When I opened up to what it was I was supposed to do here in Chicago--it all worked out as it always does. Now in my groove here in Chicago--a deep heart felt longing in addition to a great opportunity for my partner has lead me once again to follow the larger life and expand from what I want to opening up to change.

I am not sure what this current incarnation will bring. Already I feel myself shying away from anything fixed in terms of planning the next few months when I move there. I have a sense that something way better than my planning mind can come up with will be presented to me in all good time. I am just listening, getting online so to speak and connecting to what the universe is saying.

What I do know for sure is that all of you have touched me in countless ways. You have inspired me to be a better teacher and a better human being. Thank you for letting me serve you in this way. The light in me honors and adores the light that shines so brightly inside of you!

Peace!

No comments: