Monday, June 23, 2008

Who are you?

That's a good question isn't it? I think yoga gives us all a chance to really be with that question over and over again. Every day when confronted with the unique challenges of our practice every moment and every breath reveals a little of who we are and are not.

I for one keep on finding that I am so much more than I thought. When I practice I can give in to my limitations, or rise above them. I am always making a choice of what I am willing to give--and therefore what I am willing to receive. It's amazing to be there on the edge of that choice--especially when I decide to be more than I thought. When I say yes to life--life responds back with a jolting high five that is electrifying and deeply powerful at all levels of my being.

It's not just in practice but at all times. I can't control what is external no matter how I try, but I can decide to give to life freely and fully without reservation. This is about trusting the mystery of life--letting go of everything and being in the currents fully. This isn't about giving up and just going with the flow and letting life happen--but fully participating--even joyfully participating and opening to "good" and "bad" equally as my guide and teacher.

I am learning more and more that who I am is really about what I am willing to be. I am what I am willing to open to. I am a part of the great mystery and as it is unfolding so am I. We are co-creating this all together. Nothing is fixed, nothing. Nothing makes that more clear than how we create on the mat. Pay attention notice this idea--what are you willing to give and receive. What are you willing to create. Do you open and give or refuse and close?

Who are you? Are you ready to find out?

Peace to you and may your journey be filled with joyful discovery of your potential. May you expand and open in ways you never dreamed!

No comments: