Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Power of Prayer

What I know for certain is that when I remember to pray miracles happen. While I am not sure prayer changes anything about the situations in my life--it changes me. A Course in Miracles says that a miracle is just a shift in perception and that's exactly what prayer does.

It had been a long time for me since I have prayed--somehow in the midst of all the practices I do (yoga and meditation) I forgot just how cleansing and cathartic prayer can be. Prayer also helps me to clarify what I am willing to put forth into the world and what I need support from the universe for that vision to happen.

Today in the middle of a really hard feeling state I remembered to pray. It was very simple but it shifted things enough to create a miracle. I simply just asked to be supported in bringing more light and love into the world and to be led and guided for the right words to say to my classes and the best actions to take with my students today. I asked to be inspired so that I may inspire, and then I just spent a few minutes in gratitude--deeply appreciating the circumstances of my life.

Einstein has a quote that I love that says "The problems of the world cannot be solved from the same level of thinking that created them" so literally we have to pray so that our minds can be lifted up out of the level they are at in which we were suffering. That is exactly what happened for me today.

So while I am not sure praying "gets" us anything it surely does align us with the right frequency so that we are clearer and in tune with the will and energy of the universe.

I was humbled by this remembrance--that a tool so powerful is always available to create a miracle. Thank you universe for such an awesome blessing!

No comments: