Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stepping into courageous new beginnings

I have been in San Diego for a few days now after an adventurous cross country trip that brought me do the deepest highs and lows of emotions that I knew of--or thought I knew. It began with a week long adventure with my fav teacher Desiree Rumbough at the beautiful Kripalu center in Lennox, MA.

The workshop was called Raising Your Vibration. Not only did that take on a whole new meaning--but I felt within my body and heart a lift that helped me step into a more courageous way of being in this world. The root of the word "courage" is the Latin word "cor," meaning "heart." The English word "core" comes from the same Latin root. For me this means finding my center through my heart and moving into the world from a centered heart (brings a whole new understanding to core work right!)

Within the past few weeks I have had many opportunities to engage the world from this new found center. I am once again trying to navigate a new city trying to find work and a yoga community to call home. Relying on faith right now that just as before it will happen in the right time and right place--perfectly unfolding. I just have to do the work and enter the flow. Keep my heart open and let my heart lead--not my head, or my doubt--or fear.

I have been encouraged by the heart felt words written and spoken from by many of you. Thanks for your support and for the well wishes as we make our new home here in San Diego. I will write more as I grow into the new surroundings.

I have met some really amazing people in the last few weeks, and have deepened friendships with others. I have enjoyed the honesty that change brings us to face--and the openness that change brings to our hearts. I feel so courageous and grounded in my heart. May we all find our courage and live from that heartfelt expression of life.

No comments: