Tuesday, June 3, 2008

All Dried Up?

I had a fun dream last night that I wanted to share. In my dream I was walking through this old building and in the building were all these beautiful plant and flower arrangements that had not been taken care of. They were on that brink between life and death and in desperate need of water. I went around and gathered what water I could find and fed each plant as much I could. was like watching a beautiful miracle unfold as each plant sparked to life again, some even sprouting new growth before my eyes. It was like every plant in the building was born again into a more fresh vibrant existence.

I was thinking about how sometimes we get dried up, in our lives and practice. We are missing our connection to the sacred water element. Try this week refreshing yourself with fluidity in your practice and life. Ask the question how can I do this in a fluid way. How can I make this more liquid, more watery? Remember water is soft but also has the power to carve out earth. Let the boundaries of your body and your life be softened through the gentle strength of water.

Peace!

1 comment:

Jillana said...

Michael--
What a terrific thing--this blog! It's great to see what you're thinking and doing--inspirational. Thanks for thinking of me. I'm trying hard to finish my teaching and writing my book. By June 22, I hope for a summer filled with personal growth and yoga inspiration. Until then, I'm RSSing! Peace.